School s history
In 2015, ISEP is 60 years old.
The Institut Supérieur d’Electronique de Paris, located in the heart of Paris, next to the “Quartier Latin”, was created in 1955, just where Edouard Branly, Teacher of Physics at the “Catholic University of Paris”(21 Rue d’Assas), discovered in 1890 the radio conductors which would lead to the invention of the French Television.
Classrooms, Direction and Administration of the school are located in a building, built in 1988 and located at the 28 rue Notre Dame des Champs. The ISEP degree is recognized by the engineer degree commission since 1960. In 1969, the school formed an association with 19 other schools (now they are 27) of the catholic private sector.This association is named FESIC (Engineer and Management Superior Schools Federation). In 1971, the school is recognized by the French government. In 2014, ISEP open a new campus at Issy-les-Moulineaux.
Every year, ISEP trains 200 engineers which come, for the first half, from its own preparatory cycle and for the other half from other preparatory schools.