The LISITE laboratory
Research at ISEP is organised within the framework of the LISITE (Laboratoire d’Informatique, Signal et Image, Électronique et Télécommunications) laboratory, which is constituted of two specialised research groups (DaSSIP and ECoS) but that can interact in the framework of multidisciplinary projects in collaboration with industrial and academic partners, whether they are French or international.
The LISITE comprises 25 researchers, eight of whom hold an Habilitation à Diriger la Recherche (HDR), more than twenty PhD students and post-doctoral fellows. The LISITE laboratory is an associate member of the EDITE (Doctoral School on Computer Science, Telecommunications and Electronics) doctoral school in Paris and supervised by Sorbonne University.
Organisation of research activities
Prof. Carlos Faouzi BADER, Director of Research
Research at the LISITE is organised through two main research groups that are :
Data Science, Signal and Image Processing
Head: Prof. Florence Rossant
The DaSSIP research group focus is on the processing, management and analysis of data, both structured and unstructured. These are massive data and signals from connected objects, sensor networks, the Internet and cellular networks, or images acquired in the context of medical or satellite imagery. The design of distributed architectures (cloud computing, blockchain) for data storage and processing, as well as the interoperability of heterogeneous systems are also among the issues addressed by the group. Artificial intelligence is at the heart of the methods implemented for the interpretation and extraction of information.
The main research focuses are:
- Massive data analysis and data flows,
- Image analysis in the medical and satellite imagery fields,
- The coding of video streams, the reconstruction of signals from parsimonious decompositions,
- Distributed architectures for the storage and data processing,
- Interoperability of distributed and/or heterogeneous systems,
- Human-Computer Interaction, with applications in the field of health and education.
Electronics and Communication System
Head: Dr. Lina Mroueh
The ECoS group focus is on the design and optimisation of embedded systems and connected objects. Hardware design challenges relate to the miniaturisation of electronic circuits, energy autonomy, the implementation of indoor geolocation systems, and the reduction of complexity of electronic systems implemented on various platforms. From the communication network point of view, the topics addressed by the ECoS group aim at designing low energy consumption waveforms, improving resilience and reliability in the network and developing protocols to secure exchanges.
The main research focuses are:
- Energy recovery and remote powering of sensors,
- The design of integrated circuits, memories, processes and printed electronics,
- Digital implementation on various platforms and radio software,
- Indoor geolocation with visible light,
- Waveform design for 5G+ networks,
- Routing, virtualisation and software networks,
- Cybersecurity and blockchain.